Monday, August 10, 2009

Just reading the next topic. I was actually here for some of this one, so have a bit more of an idea. Podcasts and vodcasts are methods of broadcasting voice or video for later veiwing/ hearing. This could be very useful for distance ed, or similar. because these things are able to be downloaded, students with ipods or similar are able to play them in their own time, if they are that way inclined. An activity we did in this topic involved making and editing a short video. It is presented elsewhere. This could be a very effective technique to use in a classroom, especially linked to some of the "rich tasks". I have attempted to make a pod cast, using a voice recorder that I borrowed. Unfortunately, it does not want to talk to my computer. Some interesting pod casts that I have observed (with some educational content) include the science show from JJJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment