Friday, November 27, 2009

more random ramblings (part 2)

This is the third attempt at posting some more insightful and reflective comments (?)that I have made in the last few days. Every time I have written something, I either get a phone call or get called away for some reason, and when I come back, my access to the site has expired. Therefore, I should probably save more often, or perhaps I have been not fully engaged, according to Kearsley and Schniedermann. What this does mean, however, is that I have had time to polish my thoughts (and prose) a bit more. The more I do this, the more apparent it becomes to me that Blogging is a good way of encouraging people to write, and also think about what it is they are actually writing. This relates to the idea that literacy is about communicating with others, through a means that has common rules and conventions.
As I am typing this (yes, typing. It is good rehabilitation for my finger), I am constantly checking for meaning and also to be sure that I am not being offensive to anyone. In looking at this process from the point of veiw of a student, it could be seen as a way of intrinsically motivating, that is, the motivation for doing it properly comes from within. Looking a bit deeper, however, there could be seen to be extrinsic motivation at work: make it the best you can, otherwise you may look like a bit of a clown in front of your peers.

2 comments:

  1. Very true Steve,
    This is Sharon form uni, we ,met last year when you were having trouble with your hand. I have found that when I have let my blog time out (as you mentioned had been happening to you) I can log back in and it will return me to where I was even if I was halfway through downloading a picture Might be worth a try to log in and see what is till there so you don't lose all those valuable thoughts.
    I am enjoying blogging too but I know that if I didn't have to blog on all the tools we are using as I go for assessment I would be a lot more intermittent with my efforts.

    Cheers,
    Sharon
    PS glad your finger is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pete,
    I am just finishing up my assessment now, because I have to do my Early childhood Prac before Christmas, and I am just blown away by how much work was involved.
    If you care to have a look just follow the link to my blog and make a comment.
    http://sharlock-elearning.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-first-blog.html
    Regards,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete