Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Some more random thoughts, and questions for anyone who is doing early childhood

Yesterday whilst I was at Uni for maths, the students who are doing early childhood had a display up. As was my wont, I read as many as I could. (This links to something I will post about Gardner's multiple intelligences, and also profiling your students.) One thing I noticed was a poster that said that the children of today were encouraged by the manufacturers of many products to actively disagree or even rebel against their parents. to be continued

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pete,

    I am doing Early Childhood but not this term. In many cases toy,clothing, food etc are encourage by manufactures...YES I agree, Many advertisements are targeting young children today inticing children to buy thier products. As a Chidcarer/Educator I encountered many cases that are not acceptable.Just one example is some parents are not spending time with thier children so the guilt is there. In many occasion chidren wants attention and love but many parents substitute this through materials and other things.
    So...sometimes it is up to us carers/educators to fill the gap and must of the time its our place to educate the parents ( by giving them support and give them proper informations). Its all about partnership.
    Am I in the same page?
    Cheers
    Mary-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pete,
    I am enjoying your blogs but I am concerned that you aren't aware that it is chap 4 that begins the blog exercises that are compulsory for the assignment, you also need to comment on other class members blogs as well, as a requirement. There is a lot of work there but I know you can get it done in time:).
    Have a look at some of the others blogs to get an idea of what you need to be doing.
    There is a skype meeting on the 17th of December that you can sign up for on the forum (I think it is he 17th lol but don't quote me you'll need to check that one out).
    Ignore this if you already know this stuff I just didn't want you to realise it too late and not have enough time to get it done.
    Regards,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete